Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Day I Met King Kong



...It was a day just like any other. There I was, minding my own business, walking along 5th Avenue, when a huge shadow darkened the sidewalk. The ground shook! As I turned to see what was going on, a huge soft black hand came out of nowhere and closed its fingers around me gently and lifted me up, up, up. I was in the giant hand of King Kong!

Was I scared? YES! I almost fainted (see picture above)! And then I looked into the sweetest, most gentlest big brown eyes I'd ever seen...with his other hand, he gently touched my cheek. I wasn't scared anymore. Well, not until he started to scale the walls of the Empire State Building! I'm afraid of heights, and we were going higher and higher. I could see the airplanes and helicopters starting to circle...This could not end well for either of us!!

I somehow had to convince him to stop climbing and put me down...but what could I say that would get through to this big giant ape??? Through closed eyes, my mind racing for the answer, I realized just what I needed to say to end this...words that would make him climb down and safely place me back on the ground. Words that would save my life and his!

I said, "................."

(Time to get your creative juices flowing!!! Please feel free to fill in the blank - what would make King Kong climb down to safety? I look forward to reading you're comments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment